Most of the stuff we did was finishing touches. On Saturday, we started the day by sanding the glue residue from the laminate that was stuck to the side of the cabinet. Then I primed and painted it and the rest of the trim for the cabinet doors. We also took off all the already-finished doors, so Darwin could sand the edges smooth, and I could prime and paint. We had an assembly line going. I also primed and painted the backs of several of the doors that I missed on the first go-round this winter.
That night we had to knock off early to get ready for an Italian Mafia pool party at our neighbors' house. Much food and fun was had by all, though we did not adhere to the "g-strings and speedos only" rule.
Sunday we slept late and then I cracked the whip, and we got back to work. Darwin rehung the cabinets and applied the rest of the trim. I gave the trim another coat of paint.
And now, my friends, the kitchen feels so much closer to completion. All we have left to do is replace the floor, scrape and paint the ceiling, paint the woodwork, paper or paint the walls, replace the countertop, attach the cabinet knobs, install the backsplash, wire for the garbage disposal, and install the lighting.
See, almost done.
But I have a way to make myself feel better. Let's compare the before and after: